How to add a new blog to a MediaTemple installation of WordPress mu
This is a shorthand version of things, for my notes.
This is for when you have one master domain and master WP MU blog, but you also want other sub-blogs, which are mapped to normal (non-sub-) domains.
- Install WordPress mu
- Install the Domain Mapping plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/)
- In the main MediaTemple area (when you login), click Add a Domain, and add the domain
- Go into the Master Admin area for WP MU; in there, create the new blog
- Under Domain Mapping, add the new domain–important–before you do so, switch to the backend for that particular domain
- Go into Plesk, and edit the master domain under which all of the mapped domains are living, and add a Domain Alias, of the new domain you want associated with the parent domain
If you need to know more about this, add a comment, and I will see if I can help. This is a distillation of approximately 20 hours of discovery time.